This sauce is a creative way to get more vegetables into meals. Asparagus and garlic are great sources of natural prebiotic fibre which helps nourish the gut flora and promote fabulous health. Tahini...well tahini is just amazing isn't it? With it's healthy fat, amino acids and vitamin and mineral content. Tahini supports heart and skin health and hormone balance amongst other things.
3 asparagus spears, chopped roughly
1 clove garlic
1 zucchini, chopped into medium slices
Juice from 1/2 lemon
½ onion, chopped
1 tsp cumin
3 tbsp organic tahini
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp himalayan salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Lay chopped zucchini, asparagus, onion and garlic on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cumin and olive oil.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool.
- Place vegetables into a blender along with tahini and lemon juice. Blend until smooth and creamy. (I use Nutriboost Bullet Blender)
- I like to use this delicious sauce on capsicum boats or as a healthy dip with vegetable sticks.