This is a special request from another lover of good, wholesome food. This lasagna is absolutely delicious and is an awesome way to get more vegetables into you and your loved ones day. Experiment with your layer options. (e.g use sweet potato, parsnip, more eggplant etc). Most importantly lets not forget that this recipe is gluten free and therefore much kinder on that belly of yours.
2 zucchini, sliced into medium strips
1/2 onion, chopped roughly
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ head cauliflower, cut into chunks
1 eggplant, sliced into medium pieces
1 tsp caraway seeds
2 tsp Himalayan salt
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 carrots, chopped roughly
1 tbsp ghee or organic butter
½ can of organic diced tomato
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Steam cauliflower and carrot until very soft. Blend cauliflower, carrot and 1 tsp salt with a hand held blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Mix mince, ghee, onion, garlic, diced tomato, 1 tsp salt, pepper and caraway seeds in a large bowl.
- Base - place sliced eggplant onto the base of a baking dish.
- Spread a layer of mince over base.
- Layer sliced zucchini over mince layer.
- Spread a layer of mince over the zucchini layer.
- Layer sliced zucchini over mince layer. (you could also use sliced sweet potato or eggplant here)
- Topping - spread carrot and cauliflower mixture over the top. You could also use this parsnip and cauliflower puree as a topping.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour and enjoy deliciously warm.