Crumbles are super easy to make and ridiculously tasty to eat. You can experiment with your choice of fruit or nut topping. I wanted to keep this guy high in natural antioxidants, fats and fiber. I also wanted to keep free of refined sugar and low in dates. The fruit and coconut yoghurt provide enough sweetness to satisfy everyones palate.
1 cup ground almonds
1 1/2 cup roughly chopped macadamias
1 tsp vanilla bean powder (I use organic Vanilla powder by 180nutrition)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 medjool dates (soaked for 2 hours)
2 heaped tbsp organic butter (room temperature)
1/4 tsp himalayan sea salt
1/4 cup purifed water (or water from soaked dates)
(For extra protein substitute 1/2 cup of ground almonds for 1/2 cup 180nutrition vegan coconut protein blend)
1 1/2 medium pears, roughly chopped
1 cup blue berries
1 tsp cinnamon
Juice from 1 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 190 degrees.
- Place macadamia, almonds, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- Roughly chop medjool dates and blend well with butter and date water.
- Add butter and date mix to bowl and roughly toss until mixture has a crumble-like consistency.
- If too moist, add more almond or macadamia.
- Place pears and blueberries in a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Pour lemon juice and cinnamon over the fruit and toss through.
- Place crumble mixture on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 25 minutes uncovered. Then cover with baking paper and bake a further 15 minutes to avoid crust burning.
- Serve with coconut yoghurt.