For the past decade, Dr. Demeri has been helping patients with their health problems. Practicing as a licensed board-certified Naturopathic Medical Doctor specializing in integrative functional medicine for women, she finds the root cause for hormonal imbalances, thyroid disorders, stress, weight or digestive issues, fatigue, auto-immunity, depression and anxiety. She also has expertise in treating children, preconception detox and supporting women through pregnancy.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
As the Director of Functional Medicine at University of California Irvine’s Department of Medicine, she sees patients at the Susan Samueli Integrative Health Institute in Costa Mesa, California and is an Attending Physician in the Naturopathic Residency program. Dr Demehi is also the Creator of the TrimesterZero TM program.
In this episode we cover
- What is Hashimoto’s and what are the common signs and symptoms
- What causes & perpetuates this autoimmune disorder
- How gut health is linked to thyroid health
- How constipation affects thyroid health
- How Hashimoto’s affects the brain
- The treatment options available
- Dr Demeri’s thoughts on iodine use in those with Hashimoto’s
- What lab parameters indicate Hashimoto’s may be present
- And so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.