Dr. Jolene Brighten is a Functional Naturopathic Medical Doctor and nutritional biochemist with a focus in women’s endocrine health. She is recognized as a leading expert in Post-Birth Control Syndrome and the long-term side effects associated with hormonal contraceptives.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Dr. Brighten is the author of Beyond the Pill, a 30 day plan to support women on birth control, help them transition off, and eliminate symptoms of post-birth control syndrome. She is a speaker, women’s health advocate and a medical advisor for one of the first data-driven apps to offer women personalized birth control recommendations.
In this episode we cover
- How hormonal birth control affects the thyroid and adrenal health
- How hormonal birth control impacts the gut
- The role of the liver and gut in hormonal health and how the pill stresses these organs
- We discuss safer alternatives to taking the pill
- Seed cycling and why she and now I love it so
- Dr Brighten shares the most surprising responses she’s had to the book
- And we can into so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.