Dr. Mona Morstein has been a naturopathic physician for thirty-one years. She graduated from and did a residency at National College of Naturopathic Medicine. She was Chair of Nutrition, Gastroenterology professor and Clinical Supervisor at a naturopathic medical school. She now has her own clinic, Arizona Integrative Medical Solutions, in Tempe, AZ.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Dr. Morstein has a busy gastrointestinal focused medical practice. She has been on all three SIBO SOS Summit series and has done numerous webinars/lectures on SIBO and other gastrointestinal conditions.
Dr. Morstein is recognized as an expert on diabetes. Her 560 page book “Master Your Diabetes: A Comprehensive, Integrative Approach to Both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes,” is an in-depth, evidenced based, educational book for both patients and physicians. She is the founder and Executive Director of the Low Carb Diabetes Association, a 501c3 education non-profit.
In this episode we cover
- How the healthy gut microbiome influences weight and appetite
- How lipopolysaccharides contribute to obesity
- The characteristics you might see in the gut microbiome of the obese
- How evaluating the gut microbiota of infants can help identify who is at risk of becoming overweight or obese
- Some ways that we could influence the gut microbiome and therefore reduce weight
- What functional tests Mona uses to test the gut microbiome
- And so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.