Dr. Paula Smith-Brown is the Clinical Science Lead at Microba and an Adjunct Lecturer at the Centre for Microbiome Research at The Queensland University of Technology. She is a PhD-qualified Accredited Practising Dietitian who combines her experience as a microbiome researcher and healthcare professional to translate the latest science on the gut microbiome into practical clinical application. Dr. Paula Smith-Brown has a specialist interest in infant and child nutrition and allergies and intolerances in all ages and is the founder of the ABC nutrition clinic.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Or Stitcher (Android)
In this episode we cover
- The prevalence of allergies in children
- Why children in Australia are getting more early-onset eczema and allergies
- The importance of the microbiome in immune development
- What families who can not breastfeed can do to support a child's health
- Why not all topical nappy cream preparations are great
- Why timely introduction of complementary foods is important
- Strategies to prevent allergy
- And so much more
TAKE CONTROL of your digestive and overall health today. Schedule your online consultation or send me an email email@example.com
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.