Dr Paula Smith-Brown is the Clinical Science Lead at Microba and an Adjunct Lecturer at Centre for Microbiome Research at The Queensland University of Technology. She is a PhD qualified Accredited Practising Dietitian who combines her experience as a microbiome researcher and healthcare professional to translate the latest science on the gut microbiome into practical clinical application.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
In this episode we cover
- How microbial dysbiosis plays a role in IBS
- If the microbiome is different in those with IBS
- The impact a low FODMAP diet has on the microbiome
- FODMAP food reintroduction. How to tackle this if a patient has been on a low FODMAP diet for some time
- If we can predict a response to a low FODMAP diet based on microbiome
- Strategies and interventions
- And so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.