Tom Fabian, is a functional nutrition practitioner, educator and speaker, and he currently serves as a consultant for Diagnostic Solutions Laboratory. He is a former research scientist with in-depth expertise in the role of the microbiome in health, disease and aging.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
He has developed online educational programs for practitioners seeking in-depth education in the microbiome and related topics. He also has extensive experience in the areas of aging and health-span optimisation, both through his previous research experience as well as his more recent experience as a functional health practitioner.
In this episode we cover
- What autoimmunity is and what typically drives it
- How dysbiosis in the GUT and intestinal permeability contributes to autoimmunity
- The importance of secretory IGA
- What the common autoimmune associated microbes are
- What beneficial bacteria we want to have good levels of to support immune function and resolve dysbiosis
- How we can promote beneficial commensals
- And so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.