Heba Shaheed is the Founder of The Pelvic Expert - a one-stop digital destination providing evidence-based and holistic women's healthcare programs for pelvic pain, pregnancy and postpartum problems. Heba has a decade experience as a women's health coach and physiotherapist holding a Bachelor of Applied Science (Physiotherapy) from the University of Sydney, and numerous postgraduate certificates in pelvic rehabilitation, women's health, pilates, yoga, functional exercise, holistic nutrition and pain science. She has collaborated with some of Australia's leading obstetricians, gynaecologists, colorectal surgeons, pain medicine specialists and advanced laparoscopic surgeons.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Heba is on a mission to give women's health a voice and openly talks about taboo topics such as periods, incontinence, constipation, pelvic organ prolapse and painful sex. Heba is especially passionate about raising awareness of chronic pelvic pain conditions such as endometriosis, adenomyosis and IBS.
In this episode we cover
- The link between chronic constipation and pelvic floor dysfunction
- The difference between Slow Transit Constipation and Dyssynergic Constipation, both of which are drivers of chronic constipation
- The signs and symptoms of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
- How one can improve their pelvic floor function if they experience dyssynergia or Slow Transit Constipation
- How pelvic floor dysfunction is diagnosed
- Heba’s thoughts on biofeedback for pelvic floor dysfunction
- And as you can imagine being the topic of constipation we get into the nitty gritty of so much more
Before we get into this conversation, it would be crazy of me not to mention that If you struggle with constipation and digestive health that leaves you feeling antisocial, frustrated and flat I can help you. Especially if you’ve self prescribed to the nines with little or no results. So please do get in contact. I have seen many people improve the quality of their life simply by seeking the support of a qualified health practitioner such as myself.
The good news is my consultations are run online which means it does not matter where you are located, I can work with you. To schedule in a naturopathic | Nutrition consultation with me, simply head to the book an appointment page. Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org