Anne Margolis is an Interactional Speaker, Birth Educator, Certified Nurse Midwife, Licensed OB/GYN Nurse Practitioner, Certified Yoga Teacher and Certified Clarity Breath-work Practitioner. Anne has served on many question and answer panels, ranging from intimate audiences to a crowd of over 800 people. She is a third generation of professionals in her family who have helped mamas bring babies into the world. She has personally helped thousands of mothers and their families in her 20+ year midwifery and holistic gynaecology practice.
Anne is a two times number one international best selling author of 'Natural Birth Secrets: An Insiders Guide How To Give Birth Holistically, Healthfully and Safely, and Love the Experience', and also 'Trauma Release Formula: The Revolutionary Step by Step Program for Eliminating Effects of Childhood Abuse, Trauma, Emotional Pain and Crippling Inner Stress, to Living in Joy without Drugs or Therapy.'
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Anne’s work, insights and advice have been seen on TV shows and movies including 4 episodes of 'A Baby Story' on TLC Discovery Channel, and the award winning feature documentary, 'Orgasmic Birth' and 'The Human Longevity Project.'
Anne's Clarity Breathwork groups have been hosted at several yoga studios and wellness centers, including the conscious, high vibration and transformational community at The Assemblage in NYC.
In this episode we cover;
- What is a midwife and how Anne found herself in this role
- The benefits of having a birth at home
- Some of the routine interventions carried out in the hospital and how they can be traumatising for the mother and newborn
- How long Anne believes the umbilical cord should stay in tact before it is clamped and cut
- Why someone may need to go to a hospital to birth
- Anne’s thoughts on Free Birthing. Birthing without ANY professional assistance and placenta eating...otherwise known as placentophagy
- How you can still have a home birthing experience in a hospital or birthing centre
- How to choose a fabulous midwife
- And so much more...
Anne's Website - Home Sweet Home Birth
Email - info@HomeSweetHomebirth.com
Orgasmic Birth Documentary
The Human Longevity Project Documentary
The Business Of Being Born Documentary
Gentle Birth Gentle Mothering book by Sarah Buckley