Photo by Rob Palmer
Alexx Stuart is an advocate for all things she coins the 'low tox life' - which is quite simply, living a life where we make positive choices when it comes to food, sustainability, personal care, home and our mindset. She truly believes that there should be no guilt or shame in realising we've not been perhaps making the best choices - enough with the guilt and fear! She focuses her education in moving forward with excitement, implementing changes at a pace that suits every unique individual. Alexx is passionately dedicated to awakening people to all the little things we can do to shape our health (and in turn, the world!) through her e-courses, her website www.lowtoxlife.com, social media channels and community portals and various speaking and workshop events. She believes strongly that grassroots community education are what make our world a better place.
Alexx Stuart is the author of the upcoming book The Low Tox Life: a guide to anyone curious about how and why to make the switch to more natural options in this day and age, doing it with whatever resources you have and whatever knowledge base you're operating from. She covers home, body, food and mind and looks at how not-so-safe things come into our products, which ones to exercise healthy caution over, and what to do instead whether you're more of a DIY'er or prefer to switch to products.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
In this episode we cover;
- Alexx’s fascinating journey into the world of low tox and sustainable living. There truly is no better person to be pioneering this space.
- What Living Low Tox means?
- Is it possible to go No Tox?
- What greenwashing is and what we need to look out for to avoid being duped
- Some health conditions that benefit from going low tox
- We talk about plastic - the biggest issues with plastic, the link between plastic and obesity, toothpaste and fish
- What we can “easily” do over the next week to start the low tox journey
- All about the Go Low Tox program . A program I highly recommend
- Watch Alexx Staurt's TEDx Talk - Curiosity : shaping the world from our shopping baskets
- The Human Experiment Documentary
- Low Tox Life - A handbook for a healthy you and a happy planet book (Booktopia)
- Low Tox Life - A handbook for a healthy you and a happy planet book (Bookdepository)
- A Plastic Ocean Film
- Albatross The Film
- Go Low Tox program - The Best Low Tox Program I have come across