Audra Starkey is a Shift Work Veteran, Accredited Trainer and Clinical Nutritionist living in Brisbane. With over 18 years’ experience working shift work including 3 years as a Trainer for one of Australia’s largest employers of shift workers – Qantas, Audra knows first-hand how hard it is to work irregular rosters and shift rotations – and remain healthy too!
Her passion for health and nutrition in a shift working environment stemmed largely from her own personal struggles, which led her to establish The Healthy Shift Worker – a website designed specifically to assist those struggling to stay healthy despite working 24/7.
Audra now works with individuals both here in Australia and all around the world, helping shift workers to improve their health via her signature 'Better Sleep Intensive Program – Exclusively For Shift Workers'.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
In this episode we cover;
- The health challenges and consequences shift workers face
- How sleep deprivation impacts our digestive function
- How toxins are removed from our brain during sleep and how this impacts health when not cleared properly
- Strategies shift workers can implement to overcome some shift working assaults on the body and mind
- Why Audra is driven to help shift workers stay on top of their health
- And so much more
Find Audra and The Healthy Shift Worker here
The Healthy Shift Worker podcast
The "brain-busting" smoothie recipe Audra talks about adapted from Dr Kelly Brogan
1 tablespoon nut butter
1 tablespoon organic grass fed ghee