Kiran Krishnan, a research microbiologist, has been involved in the dietary supplement and nutrition market for the past 18 years. He comes from a university research background having spent several years with hands-on R&D in the fields of molecular medicine and microbiology at the University of Iowa. Kiran established a Clinical Research Organization where he designed and conducted dozens of human clinical trials in human nutrition.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Kiran is also a co-founder and partner in Nu Science Trading, LLC.; a nutritional technology development and research company. He is a co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer at Microbiome Labs. He is a frequent lecturer on the human microbiome at medical and nutrition conferences. He is an expert guest on national and satellite radio, has appeared in several international documentaries, and has been a guest speaker on several International health summits as a microbiome expert. He is currently involved in 16 novel human clinical trials on probiotics and the human microbiome.
In this episode we cover
- The differences between innate and adaptive immunity
- The role of the gut microbiome in the immune response
- The impact Free LPS on the immune system
- How commensal microbiota is required to fight viral infections
- The difference between a virus and bacteria
- How the success of vaccines depend on one's immune capabilities
- How to effectively improve SCFA, especially butyrate production
- Ways we can support our immune system, via the gut
- And so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.