Dr. Lise Alschuler is a naturopathic doctor with board certification in naturopathic oncology. She practices out of Naturopathic Specialists, LLC. She is the Executive Director of TAP Integrative, a nonprofit web-based educational resource for integrative practitioners.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Dr. Lise Alschuler is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Arizona School of Medicine where she is on the faculty of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine. She co-hosts a radio show, Five To Thrive Live! and is co-founder of the iTHRIVE Plan, a lifestyle app for cancer survivors.
She has been an invited speaker to more than 100 scientific/medical conferences, has authored numerous articles and book chapters, and has been co-investigator on several research studies. She is co-author of Definitive Guide to Cancer, now in its 3rd edition, and Definitive Guide to Thriving After Cancer.
In this episode we cover
- How conventional oncology differs from integrative/ functional oncology
- The integrative approach to cancer treatment, recovery and prevention
- Why education of nutrition, movement and stress needs to happen as early as childhood and in adolescence
- If clinical nutrition is important when it comes to cancer treatment and prevention
- How to address mindset and environmental toxins while undergoing active treatment or prevention of cancer
- We discuss some factors that people can focus on post successful treatment to prevent reoccurrence
- And plenty more
- Definitive guide to cancer
- The Definitive Guide To Thriving After Cancer
- Mary Oliver - A Poetry Handbook
- Mary Oliver - Grass Roots Poetry
- AICR - American Institute For Cancer Research
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.