Marla Cunningham is a naturopath with a strong dedication to science leadership and 20 years of experience in the natural medicine industry. She is passionate about effectively translating the latest science into meaningful clinical insights with the potential to change healthcare outcomes.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Marla is currently Head of Clinical Innovation and Research at Metagenics Australia. She and her team constantly review the scientific literature and engage with researchers and clinicians in order to create relevant and effective natural medicines and clinical tools with a robust evidence base.
In this episode we cover
- What the role of the gut is in chronic disease
- How gut microbiome testing can be valuable in chronic disease prevention
- How the vagus nerve is involved in weight management and appetite
- What markers we might see in the gut microbiome in those experiencing diabetes
- The role of the gut microbiome in endometriosis
- The link between the gut microbiome and constipation
- What probiotic, prebiotics and fermented foods actually do in the body
- And loads more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.