Petrea King is the Founder and CEO of the Quest for Life Foundation which she established in 1989 after her unexpected recovery from leukaemia. Petrea is a well-known author of nine best-selling books. She is an inspirational keynote speaker, teacher, and facilitator. Petrea is also qualified as a naturopath, herbalist, clinical hypnotherapist, yoga, and meditation teacher and has been a regular guest on ABC Radio’s Midweek Conference for 19 years.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
In 1983 Petrea was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia and wasn’t expected to survive. Meditation and integration of past traumatic experiences, including the suicide of her brother, became paramount in her recovery. Petrea has counselled tens of thousands of people living with life challenging illnesses, grief, loss, depression, anxiety, trauma, and tragedy. She’s at the forefront of wellness education and is a frequent lecturer at medical and other conferences. Petrea has produced more than a dozen relaxation and meditation practices, including one for children, Rainbow Connection.
In this episode we cover
- Petrea's fascinating and inspiring story of healing
- The default mode network (DMN) and the task-positive networks (TPN)
- What role disruption of these play in neurodegenerative diseases and cognitive decline
- Why an understanding of the two could be useful in healing
- The 4 qualities that create healing, which encompass resilience, peace of mind and happiness
- What is emotional literacy
- Strategies that help to improve brain function and sense of wellbeing
- And so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.