Tara Nelson is a West Australian-based naturopath with over 24 years of clinical experience. After many years of seeing primarily thyroid conditions in her clinic, Tara went into researching for herself and further education in order to improve her clinical outcomes in her complex thyroid patients.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Tara has developed a six-week online practitioner thyroid training program to further educate practitioners in thyroid health, and thyroid case mentoring for practitioners, a practitioner affiliate program, and runs an online thyroid recovery program. Tara has completed extra studies in the AIP dietary and lifestyle approach, which she utilises with many of her thyroid and other autoimmune patients. Tara is on a mission to bring awareness and education to the public and practitioner community alike, about the importance of thyroid health on a deeper level.
In this episode we cover
- The difference between hyperthyroidism and Graves disease
- The prevalence of these
- Signs, symptoms, and drivers
- To iodine or not to iodine
- How Hyperthyroidism and Graves present on bloodwork
- How practitioners and patients can perform a thyroid physical assessment
- Treatment strategies
- And so much more
- I am making this ep live today rather than tomorrow as Tara is offering a free masterclass TODAY called “Why you can't lose weight even though your thyroid levels are normal”
- Why you cant lose weight even though your thyroid levels are normal
- Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism online program
- Tara Nelson Website
- BetterMe tea
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.