Tara Nelson, is a West Australian-based naturopath with over 24 years of clinical experience. After many years of seeing primarily thyroid conditions in her clinic, Tara went into researching for herself and further education in order to improve her clinical outcomes in her complex thyroid patients.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Tara has developed a six-week online practitioner thyroid training program to further educate practitioners in thyroid health, and thyroid case mentoring for practitioners, a practitioner affiliate program and runs an online thyroid recovery program. Tara has completed extra studies in the AIP dietary and lifestyle approach, which she utilises with many of her thyroid and other autoimmune patients. Tara is on a mission to bring awareness and education to the public and practitioner community alike, about the importance of thyroid health on a deeper level.
In this episode we cover
- What is a thyroidectomy and how common is it
- Why someone may have their thyroid removed
- The difference between and impact of thyroid ablation and removal
- Measures one may take to preserve the thyroid gland
- Consequences on one's health by the removal of part or all of the thyroid
- Diagnostics commonly used to ascertain damage to the thyroid gland
- And so much more
- Tara Nelson's Level 1 Practitioner 6 week Thyroid Course
- Tara Nelson's Clinical Mentoring for Thyroid Cases
- Naturopathic Care
- BetterMe tea
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.