Amina is a Naturopath, Medical Herbalist & Nutritionist and owns a successful multi-modality integrated clinic in Noosa, Queensland.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Amina specializes in Lyme disease, mould illnesses, fatigue, depression, hormonal imbalances, skin problems and allergies.
Amina is a regular writer for ‘Nature & Health’ Magazine and has just completed her first book “Lyme Natural” on Naturopathic treatment for Lyme disease, co infections, mould illness and stealth infections. Amina’s second book “Chronic Immune Imbalances” will be out soon.
In this episode we cover
- How Amina found herself working in the area of Lymes disease, co-infections and mould
- The sophisticated mechanism that Borrelia has for manipulating the immune system to allow it to exist indefinitely
- If Amina always tests for tick borne infections or occasionally treats based on the symptom picture
- Why those with Lyme disease might have a problem with chronic exposure to mould mycotoxins
- The common symptoms of mycotoxin exposure
- Where mould commonly grows
- If someone's ability to recover well from Chronic Lyme is compromised due to a sensitivity and continued exposure to mould
- Signs indicating mould is present in your environment
- The best ways to test for mould
- Ways that we can eliminate mould in our environment, in food and in the body
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.