Anna is a qualified Doula, Hypnobirthing Practitioner and mama of 3 little boys aged 3, 5 and 7. They have been living in Byron Bay since 2012.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
Anna started Byron Babymoon 3.5 years ago with the goal to empower women and their partners to see birth as a transformational and life changing personal journey rather than a medical event whereby one loses power over her body and choices.
Anna trained as a psychologist and understands the influence of our mind during birth and the importance of mental wellbeing during pregnancy and parenthood
In this episode we cover
- What a doula is
- How it’s different to a midwife
- Who would benefit from a doula.
- If a doula replaces the dads or partner’s role during birth
- How a doula supports the dad/partner
- What hypnobirthing is
- If developing a birth plan is worth our time
- The challenges of being a doula
- And so much more
- Byron Babymoon
- Birth Plan Template - Sample Birth Preferences (note - this is an example only. Please adjust according to preference, values, requirements etc)
Before we dive into this conversation I’m excited to announce that the Love & Guts show sponsor of the month is vital.ly. vital.ly is a digital platform, a professional health resource and a distribution service all in one. Vital.ly specialise in complementary medicines, education and distribute high-quality products. And now, Vital.ly has launched vital.ly Commons. Vital.ly Commons is a curated space where health professionals can learn the latest research and hear from colleagues in the practitioner community.
Some of the amazingly valuable features of Commons are;
- Practitioners can provide Clinical feedback and exchange ideas
- Attend webinars to learn more and earn CPE points
- Share inspiring community projects
- Exchange ideas and connect with your colleagues in a space custom built for practitioners within the complementary health profession
Given that all of my consultations are run online I have been personally using Vital.ly as my go to practitioner only supplement platform for a number of years. Mainly because my patients and I have access to a wide range of quality practitioner only supplementation without the stress of having to carry stock. Not to mention the delivery turnaround time is quick and the experience smooth.
It’s an added bonus that this platform now also supports health practitioners such as myself even further by providing quality education. I can not recommend vital.ly and the people behind its creation enough. To learn more simply go to vital.ly.com