Is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy just another bio-hack gimmicky tool? Naturopath Brett O'Brien sheds light on this topic.
Naturopath Brett O’Brien has been involved in complementary and alternative health for almost 20 years. He has participated in most areas of this dynamic industry including:
- clinical practice,
- integrated health care,
- retail management,
- product sales,
- training and lecturing.
Listen to Love & Guts on iTunes
The clinic Core Naturopathics Brett co-founded with Darren Sassel returns to the ideals of the past, but represents a very modern application. It is what Brett believe’s naturopathy can be, a modern, scientific and results based wellness paradigm which supports people’s capacity to heal and thrive.
In this episode we cover
- What homeostasis is and why naturopaths are interested in helping individuals achieve this
- How homeostasis imbalance contributes to disease
- How hyperbaric oxygen therapy works to achieve homeostasis
- What the benefit is of increasing our oxygen levels
- The difference between HBOT and the Wim Hoff method
- How HBOT promotes new nerve growth “Neurogenesis” in the brain
- Why neurogenesis is of benefit to us
- How HBOT benefits those experiencing cancer, autism, brain disorders and plastic surgery amongst other things
- If HBOT is just another wannabe bio-hack gimmicky tool
- We bust some HBOT myths
- And so much more
This episode is sponsored by BetterMe tea, a tea designed to promote improved gut health and digestion - assisting those who struggle with constipation and sluggish bowel movements to go to the bathroom with ease.